Ana Menü

Nihat stuck on standby at Villarreal

Başlatan onaT, Temmuz 24, 2008, 21:38:22

0 Üyeler ve 1 Ziyaretçi konuyu incelemekte.

onaT

Nihat stuck on standby at Villarreal
Thursday 24 July 2008
by Paul Bryan from Madrid
e-mailPrintDiggSave

Injury ruled Nihat out of Turkey's defeat against Germany (©Getty Images)
Photos/Wallpapers »

An injury incurred with Turkey at UEFA EURO 2008™ is testing Nihat Kahveci's patience as he looks ahead to "a very tough season" with Villarreal CF.

October return
After sustaining a torn thigh muscle in the last-eight meeting with Croatia, the 28-year-old was forced to watch from the sidelines as Turkey bowed out in the semi-final against Germany in Austria and Switzerland. With surgery required to correct the problem, Nihat is not expected to play until early October, missing the opening games of both the Spanish domestic season and Villarreal's UEFA Champions League group stage campaign.

'A pity'
"It's a pity I have to miss the first few games but I know I must be patient because unfortunately I've been through this before," said the former Real Sociedad de Fútbol and Beşiktaş JK forward. "Luckily the recovery is going very well and it doesn't hurt when I walk on the leg. I trust the medical staff at this club and know they will help me back to full fitness as soon as possible."

Impressive haul
Nihat's 18 goals in 34 league games helped the Yellow Submarine finish second in the Primera División behind champions Real Madrid CF last term, and having signed Joseba Llorente, Edmílson, Ariel Ibagaza and Jozy Altidore, they are looking strong for the new season. However, for many fans, the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League semi-finalists will not be at full strength until the Turkish striker is available again.

Training alone
The player himself can only bide his time and hope that his recuperation goes smoothly. "I'm working away from my team-mates which is one of the negative points of suffering an injury," he said. "However, I'm continuing to work hard to make myself as strong as I was before the injury so I will be ready for action."

gounited

Im so sorry for Nihat, whenever he is playing best this happens to him. But I guess that is football  :kart

I'm sure he'll be back and better than ever soon.   :sigara